Washington Women in Need (WWIN) is a nonprofit that provides education and health care grants to low-income women in Washington state in order to help them improve the lives of themselves, their families, and their communities. Awarded grantees will receive up to $5,000 over a one-year period, which can be used for tuition and required books at approved Washington State Colleges & Universities. Grantees are eligible to apply for one additional $5,000 grant, up to a maximum of $10,000 in total WWIN funding.
WWIN Star Scholar Education Grantees are selected among our grantees who are in their first year of a two-year academic program and their first or second year of a four-year academic program. Star Scholars receive up to $5,000 each year of their college careers, up to $20,000 over four years.
The grant application cycle will be open March 1-31, 2018.
The following are required criteria that you must meet before applying for a WWIN Education grant:
- You must be female, as indicated on your Washington State Identification
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must have resided in Washington for the past twelve (12) months
- You must be a United States citizen or permanent resident to the United States
- You must be admitted into or registered at an approved college or university that is in good standing with the State Need Grant Program, and are enrolled in a specific program.
- Must meet financial eligibility criteria that can be found here.